Development Associate/Grant Writer
Our Development Associate/Grant Writer identifies, develops, and manages grants and other community relationships within the development department including Capacity Build Funds, Federal Home Loan Bank Funds, private foundations, local corporations, and individual donors. The Associate works closely with the Director of Development and Finance Director to ensure compliance with affiliate policies, procedures and financial guidelines and ensures that budget requirements are met. The Development Associate/Grant Writer also assists in other aspects of work within the development department including annual events and stewarding community relationships.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Development Associate/Grant Writer is ultimately responsible to see that each function listed below is accomplished.
- Assists the Director of Development in applying for, developing, managing, delivering, and administrating the affiliates grant programs and reports as required.
- Contributes to the development of Grants reporting, monitoring and evaluation framework and manages its implementation.
- Stewards Major Funders: maintains consistent and effective communication with funders and stakeholders and helps to create relationships with new funders.
- Develops affiliate-wide grant reporting calendar
- Examines and meets all grant reporting requirements, monitors expenditures and delivers service program outcomes in a timely manner, ensuring that they are in accordance with grant agreement
- Analyzes reports to determine program progress, quality and quantity of service and compliance with laws, standards and guidelines
If you live in the Dayton area and are interested in joining our dynamic team as a Development Associate/Grant Writer, simply click the button below. We would like to hear from you.