Update March 24, 2020
- Our ReStore is CLOSED through April 4, 2020. We will evaluate the reopening date based on current recommendations from the CDC, Governor DeWine's office, and the President so our reopening date is tentative. We will update this page as necessary.
- All Donation Pick-up Services and drop-off donations are suspended through April 15, 2020
- PLEASE DO NOT attempt to drop donations off at the store as no one will be available to process your items
- The ReStore is closed and the staff is sheltering at home as instructed by Governor Dewine, no one is available to answer the phones or return emails. Please be patient with us over the next two weeks.
ReStore is a key part of how we build homes with local families and this downtime will certainly be a hit to that effort. We will urgently need your donated items when we resume regular business. If you are able, please hold onto your donations and bring them to us once we are able to accept them again. We appreciate your support and could not serve families without you.
Update March 20, 2020
Based on the most recent developments regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, our ReStore is now closed to the public and will remain closed through April 4, 2020. We will evaluate the reopening date based on current recommendations from the CDC, Governor DeWine's office, and the President so our reopening date is tentative. We will update this page as necessary.
March 19, 2020
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Dayton has been closely monitoring the escalations surrounding Conoravirus/COVID-19, and we believe now is the time for us to do even more to protect you, our team, Habitat partner families, and the community we deeply care for. I'm writing today to share how we are increasing efforts to help flatten the curve of this harmful disease in the weeks ahead.
This is an increasingly difficult time for people, businesses, and organizations across the country and our community. As a nonprofit that relies entirely on the support of others, please know we are making these difficult decisions prayerfully- but we need your help. Here are the protective measures we are enacting today:
Habitat Main Office- 115 West Riverview Ave., Dayton OH 45405
- Our office remains open with reduced on-site staff but our doors will be locked.
- Limited staff will be available at our office. Staff whose duties allow will be actively working remotely, replying to phone calls, voicemails, and emails during this time.
- All scheduled committee meetings through April 15, 2020 have been cancelled. Meetings deemed essential will be held remotely.
- Face-to-face meetings of a critical nature must be scheduled with the appropriate staff persons and recommended measurers of separation must be adhered to.
- We will continue to evaluate our operational changes in the hopes that we can resume normal services sooner, but also extending beyond April 15, 2020 if necessary.
How can you help us?
- We urgently need your financial support. As businesses throughout our community are impacted by closures, so are many Habitat homeowners who make their family's living in the service industry. These families will certainly be concerned about continuing to make their mortgage payments. We are committed to working with each family during this uncertain time, but we need your support to sustain us in that. Please consider any financial support possible and click here to give a gift online. When you give, you help us do more for our homeowners and their families. We are committed to ensuring that we use every donation received to make the most impact in the lives of the families we serve as we all navigate these extraordinary times.
Habitat Dayton ReStore
- Dayton ReStore is still open to the public but we are suspending our Donation Pick-up Services and drop-off donations through April 15, 2020. We will not accept any donations today through April 15, 2020. Please know that we rely on your donated items and please keep reading to see how you can help.
- Each morning our staff will perform a vigorous cleaning of our store. Following guidance from the CDC, we're increasing the frequency of cleaning high touch areas like door handles, card readers, countertops, and restrooms and have posted additional signage about handwashing and other preventative actions.
- We will continue to evaluate our change in services in the hopes that we can resume regular business sooner than April 15, 2020, but also extending if necessary.
How can you help our ReStore?
- ReStore is a key part of how we build homes with local families and this downtime will certainly be a hit to that effort. We will urgently need your donated items when we resume Donation Pick-up Services. If you are able, please hold onto your donations and bring them once we're able to accept them again. You can continue to request Donation Pick-up Services for after April 15, 2020 through our website. Click here to learn more about donating items and how to schedule your free donation pick up after April 15, 2020.
- If you feel unwell, have traveled recently to one the areas designated by the CDC as level 3 or have traveled on a cruise ship, please refrain from visiting our Habitat ReStore or office. If a member of your household has potentially been exposed to the virus through travel or other means, please refrain from visiting our Habitat ReStore of office.
- We are cancelling all volunteers including ReStore, warehouse and build sites through April 15, 2020.
- We are contacting all currently scheduled volunteers to reschedule or cancel their assignments.
How can you help?
- Take steps to stay healthy- we have a busy build season ahead of us and we'll need your help to build homes and complete critical repairs!
Habitat Partner Families and Homeowners
- We are cancelling all upcoming Habitat partner family education classes through April 30, 2020 and will communicate those cancellations directly with affected families and facilitators.
- You may continue to make mortgage payments as arranged by mail, ACH, or by utilizing the secure mailbox located on the front of our building at the corner of West Riverview and McDaniel Street. Our Mortgage Specialist is available Monday through Friday 8am-4pm to discuss mortgage questions by phone at 937-586-0860 ext. 114.
How can our Habitat families help?
- Stay in touch with our Homeowner Services team if you have questions or concerns during this time. Call 937-586-0860 ext. 121 and they will be available to assist you.
Join Together in Prayer
- This disease most vigorously affects the most vulnerable in our communities, so please join us in praying for those who are already ill and those who may become ill. Pray for our government leaders and medical professionals. Pray for protection over our entire community and all those who come into contact with this Habitat ministry.
Friends, we still have a busy Habitat build season ahead of us! So take precautions to stay safe and healthy, take some time to rest up, and stay ready to build hope in families who need the strong foundation of decent, affordable housing. Above all, let's be there to support one another during this difficult time. If you have any questions, please get in touch. Simply email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 937-586-0860.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Dayton