Energy Efficient Homes
In a further effort to ensure affordable housing, we have focused on building energy efficient homes. All of our new homes are Energy-Star certified, and we are making steady progress toward even higher levels of green certification. This commitment helps not only the environment, but it also helps create sustained energy savings for our partner families. Having a safe affordable home to live in means even more when it is created and maintained in a sustainable way.
Some of the “green” features of our homes are:
- Low-E Energy Efficient Windows
- High Efficiency Furnace: 92% Efficient or Better
- Engineered Joists/Floor System
- Extensive Draft Sealing & Duct Sealing
- Programmable Thermostats
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Insulate attics to R-40; Walls R-19 with continuous R-5 sheathing
- Advanced framing techniques to minimize waste
All these factors lead to a home that is affordable and comfortable for the homeowner.